This revised edition of Adventuring Beyond is an Encyclopædia Britannica series of five Social Studies text books for Classes 1 to 5. The series expands the scope of Social Science textbooks for Classes 6, 7, and 8. Conforming to the National Curriculum Framework, 2005 and designed accordingly to the new NCERT Upper Primary syllabus, 2005, Adventuring Beyond is comprehensive and revolves around themes drawn from History, Geography, Civics, Economics, and Sociology in a balanced manner. Suitably graded, Adventuring Beyond develops the social, cultural, and analytical skills required to adjust to an increasingly interdependent and diverse world.
The salient features of the series are as follows:
- A wide array of experiments, surveys, map work, and other hands-on activities
- Questions stimulate the learner’s quest for knowledge and provide ample opportunities for group discussion and debate.
- More HOTS questions foster critical thinking and scientific skills.
- Additional Knowledge and Application based activities added.
- More emphasis has been placed on diversity in India, different states, people, culture, and lifestyles.
- Two new question papers for Summative Assessments.
- Latest Authentic maps added from “Maps of India”
- Inclusion of Telengana state
- Chapter objectives in the form of Now moving ahead; recap in the form of We already know; and summary in the form of Brush up
- Now you are talking focuses on communication-based activities; and that’s a fact provides additional information to the learners.
- Good living and Save the planet cover value-based activities and promote awareness and sensitivity towards ecological issues.
- Web resources to encourage research
- Glossary placed next to the content to explain the difficult terms
- Summative assessments for each term
- CD-ROM supplements the textbook content with chapter-wise animations, visual information, and interactive exercises.
- Teacher’s manual and teacher notes to assist in the teaching process
- Specific icons used for exercises and assignments to indicate skills for assessment through continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE)
Adventuring Beyond aims to build skills that will help the learners enrich their understanding of the world and encourage them to blaze new paths. It provides an experience that goes beyond the traditional approach to teaching-learning.