Mathcraft, an Encyclopædia Britannica series of nine Mathematics books, includes a primer for the Kindergarten and eight textbooks for Classes 1 to 8. Conforming to the National Curriculum Framework 2005, the series aims to develop in students an enthusiasm for this craft of numbers, quantity, and space.
Activities and real-life situations introduce concepts while progression, within the book and across the series, as well as the vocabulary have been graded to the cognitive level of the child.
Salient features are:
- Graded content with sufficient recapitulation
- Interactive study approach
- Extensive drilling with an integrated revision exercise in each chapter
- Worksheets for additional challenge
- Question banks for the three academic terms
- Maths-Lab Activity in each chapter to facilitate hands-on learning and consolidation of mathematical concepts
- Mental math drilling in each chapter
- Summary of topics, puzzles, information snippets, and teacher’s tips
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) interspersed frequently to include problems that trigger analytical reasoning
- The Primer and Books 1&2 are in workbook format
- A thematic layout in the Primer and attractive warm-up activities throughout the series
The care and thought invested in designing Mathcraft will assuredly hone not only mathematical skill and ability but also foster a love and passion for the subject.