MathSight is an Encyclopædia Britannica series of eight Mathematics textbooks for Classes 1 to 8. Conforming to the National Curriculum Framework 2005, the series aims to develop in students a logical sharpness along with passion for this field of numbers, quantity, and space.
Mathematical concepts have been introduced and explained through activities and real-life situations moving from the concrete to the abstract. The easy-to-complex progression is supplemented by challenging practice.
The salient features of the series are:
- Graded content with sufficient recapitulation
- Interactive study approach
- Extensive drilling, including MCQs, with an integrated revision exercise in each chapter
- Worksheets for additional challenge
- Term-wise question banks
- Maths Lab Activity in each chapter to facilitate hands-on learning and consolidation of mathematical concepts
- Mental mathematics drilling added to each chapter
- Summary of topics, puzzles, information snippets and teacher’s tips make interesting Highlights
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) interspersed frequently to include challenges that trigger analytical reasoning
- Books 1 & 2 are interactive and in the workbook format.
- Specific icons alongside exercises and assignments indicate skills for evaluation through continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE).
- Teacher’s book with teaching aids and more exercises
The care and thought invested in designing MathSight will assuredly hone not only the mathematical skill and ability but also foster a love and passion for the subject.