WonderWorld, an Encyclopædia Britannica integrated Environmental Studies course for the Primary school, is a series of five books for Classes 1 to 5. In tandem with the NCERT objectives and NCF 2005, it seeks to create a capacity to locate and comprehend relationships between the natural, social, scientific, and cultural environment.
WonderWorld stresses on interactive approach through activities, projects, surveys, and games. Based on teacher feedback, with a judicious mix of narratives and factual account, the NCERT themes are exploited to reveal the scientific causes and the social science aspects. There is a concerted effort to ensure a smooth transition to the Science and Social Studies courses in the Upper Primary classes.
The salient features of the course are:
- Warm-up activities providing questions and discussions as introduction to concepts
- Approach through observation, classification, and inference
- Cues such as in-text queries, did you know, games, experiments, and projects to connect knowledge to application
- Exploration and data interpretation through hands-on activities that relate to the child’s immediate environment
- Assessment sheets for reinforcement
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) to implement CBSE guidelines through situation analysis, research cues, and website references
- An aesthetic layout with appealing illustrations
WonderWorld aims to develop in the child sufficient sensitivity to live, with the world and all its nuances, in peace and harmony.