The editors of Encyclopædia Britannica, the world standard in reference since 1768, present the Britannica Global Edition. Developed specifically to provide comprehensive and global coverage of the world around us, this unique product contains thousands of timely, relevant, and essential articles drawn from the Encyclopædia Britannica itself, as well as from the Britannica Concise Encyclopedia, the Britannica Encyclopedia of World Religions, and Compton’s by Britannica. Written by international experts and scholars, the encyclopedic articles in this collection reflect the standards that have been the hallmark of the leading English-language encyclopedia for over 240 years.
Current and Comprehensive
- 30 volumes in an easy-to-hold compact format
- Timely coverage from global warming to the iPhone,from Mumbai to Obama
- Over 40,000 in-depth articles written by international experts and scholars, including Nobel Prize winners such as Milton Friedman
- Over 18,000 pages edited by the best editorial team
- 16.5 million words providing global coverage
- 8,500 photographs, maps, flags, and illustrations